The hairstyling industry has come a long way in terms of providing users with many options to ensure that you can easily change the way you look quickly and effectively. Wigs are some of the most budget ways to get yourself a complete do-over of your look within just a few minutes. The installation procedure is also quite simplistic and same for all wigs with their universal design.
Most wigs come with glue to secure your wig permanently on your head. Most people are quite scared about using a synthetic product like glue on their forehead. Even though the wig glue is 100% skin friendly, we can’t ever be too sure about them as they have some unwanted effects as well.
Disadvantages of lace wig glue
- Lace wig glue is quite a strong adhesive and taking it off can be a huge task if you are not well equipped with wig knowledge.
- Wig glue blocks the pores on your skin and scalp which can lead to hair follicle damage leading to hair loss. This can drastically recede your natural hairline as the glue is usually applied along the forehead.
- Many people are allergic to latex and it is a key component in making the lace wig glue.
- Now you can avoid all these disadvantages by learning how to wear a lace wig without having to apply glue on your skin.
Wearing a wig without Glue
- Hiding natural hair
To get your desired hair look through a wig without using glue you have to first secure your natural hair. Make sure that your hair is as flat and smooth as possible.
People with short hair can easily tuck their hair in a ponytail or braid that will get hidden inside the wig.
Women with longer hair should prefer cornrows. Black women with long hair can easily tuck their hair under a stocking cap. It is better to use a wig stocking cap that matches your skin complexion to give you a natural look.
Applying your lace wig without glue
There are many alternatives to applying your wig without glue. Here are a few that would help you out in the long run -
- Most wigs come with clips or combs attached to the wig to provide you with a secure fit. These clips are positioned at 4 regions - the forehead, above each ear and towards the back of your head.
- These clips can also be easily re-positioned to the regions which you are comfortable with. Just simply cut and sew them back on.
- To quickly wear your wig, simply attach these clips to your natural hair to get a secure fit. This is ideal when you have a wig that is perfectly sized for your head.
- Wig Tape
- Wig tape is a great alternative to using the glue. These are easily removable and help your skin breathe.
- This transparent tape can be safely applied by adding a bit of scalp protector at the regions you want to secure your wig.
- Simply swipe your forehead skin with rubbing alcohol to clean the area. Apply the protector and then place your tape. To secure your wig simply remove the protective paper off the tape and wear your wig.
- Gently press on the regions for 5-10 secs to make a secure, natural-looking fit for your wig.
- Elastic bands
- Many wigs come with elastic to easily wear them anytime you want but many others don’t. If your wig doesn’t come with an elastic band then you can sew on horizontally along the back of your wig. This is best suited for people who have accidentally bought wigs that are a few sizes bigger.
- Through the elastic band, now you can wear and remove your wig anytime you want.
Don't forget to check out this video which was shared by our customer to learn how to wear a wig with moose only to get a natural look step by step.